[Marketing] Get Interactive Workshop at FOSS4G Boston

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 08:45:13 PDT 2017

Quick note that "workshops" are four hour hands-on-training activities that
people pay for. We may need to use a different word for this activity of
attendees will think "I do not want to pay for that" and not attend.

There are three clear spots I can see:

- OSGeo has an "annual general meeting" where the different groups say
hello and give a quick update. I have added several "website/rebranding"
topics into this meeting
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2017> to talk/show
different parts of the website.
- There is an evening "birds of feature" time blocks that could be used
- There is a "code sprint" day

We could also rent additional facilities and put on a free activity
concurrently with the foss4g workshop days (but many people who are not
paying for workshops will not be in town yet).