[Marketing] OSGeo at OSCON 2017 -- planning, action needed

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 10 13:33:53 PDT 2017

Hi Sara,

Am 2017-04-10 22:09, schrieb Sara Safavi:
> Hi Astrid,
>
> Thank you! I will send you my PO box in a separate email.

got it.

> As for "how many", I'm not sure how to answer -- OSCON is a large
> international conference (~4000 attendees last year) and I don't know
> what that translates into for booth traffic. This is my first time
> trying to help with something like this, so I will let someone with
> more experience make that judgement call.

ok. I will send you a box with about 300 each.

> Is there anything apart from stickers that OSGeo could send and/or
> provide guidance on? (i.e.,
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack materials etc).

You could print out some OSGeo flyer in A4 or poster:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/marketing/flyer/osgeo/en

Ask Guido Stein to send you some FOSS4G 2017 material

You could use the OSGeo Logo and print some Poster or produce a Roll-Up
or banner
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/marketing/logo

You last OSGeo Booth at FOSSGIS looked like this
https://www.fossgis.de/wiki/Datei:Fossgis2017_stand.jpg

You could print an OSGeo Live poster
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/livedvd/artwork/postcards?desc=1

Astrid
> [...]
>> source community: unlocking government and industry opportunities,
>> at the forefront of mobile and internet of things innovation._
>> _ _
>> _The foundation's projects are all freely available under open
>> source licenses. Visit us at OSCon to bring a sense of place to your
>> next application._
>>
>> MATERIALS:
>> - this is a work in progress
>> - we should be able to send stickers that have already been printed
>> to you
>> - anything else we will want to print locally, and ask you to
>> pickup.
>>
>> --
>> Jody Garnett
>>
>> On 3 April 2017 at 12:22, Sara Safavi <ssafavi at boundlessgeo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> _CC'D: THEA ALDRICH OF LOCATIONTECH + ECLIPSE, CO-ORGANIZING
>> THIS BOOTH EFFORT WITH ME_
>>
>> Greetings, marketing at lists:
>>
>> OSCON prep is underway and I have some action items/info needs based
>> on emails received from OSCON's sponsor liaison. In no particular
>> order:
>>
>> * We have one Bronze pass and two Exhibitor passes: we need to
>> assign/register these by April 11.
>> ACTION: what are we doing with these?
>> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Thea already has a pass via Eclipse; I'll take
>> the Bronze pass & we'll use the other two for part-time volunteers.
>> I bring this to the list for discussion just in case anyone
>> disagrees (since the passes belong to OSGeo)
>>
>> * Scheduled "booth time" is as follows:
>> _May 9: TBD? - setup time_
>> May 10: 10:00AM - 5:45PM / 5:45PM - 7:00PM (Booth Crawl)
>> May 11: 10:00AM - 4:30PM
>> NO ACTION NEEDED: Thea & I will be there all week, we are working on
>> recruiting additional part-time booth volunteers from the local
>> community now
>>
>> * Our booth includes:
>> One, draped 4' counter-height table in the OSCON Expo Hall
>> (2) Chairs
>> (1) Easel-back ID sign printed with organization name.
>> ACTION: if we want electrical power or internet access, we need to
>> pay for this. There will be free wifi but it's not guaranteed to be
>> reliable. I don't have cost info yet but can look into it if there's
>> need/budget
>>
>> * OSGeo's name, logo, description, link, etc will be posted on the
>> website & in the mobile app.
>> ACTION: need a high-resolution logo and 100-word max description to
>> use on OSCON.com
>>
>> * General ACTION: need help with materials (stickers? banners?
>> fliers? etc) for this booth. I've no idea what the status quo is
>> here so any information/assistance would be grand.
>>
>> I'm working on updating
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=OSCON_2017_Booth [6] [6]
>> today
>> with all the information I have thus far. If you have questions
>> please ask away, I may have the answer buried in an email somewhere.

Astrid Emde
Charter Member