[Marketing] Marketing strategy vs website

Gert-Jan gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Wed Apr 19 03:32:39 PDT 2017

I won't be able to join today's hangout, but from my own experience I can
tell that the use of "personas" [1] helps in focussing on the right message
for the right target group.
In short: a persona is a (fictional) man of woman with a name, perhaps a few
kids, a job etc. who is sort of representing a focus group of to-be visitors
of our website.

(From the Dutch participants of FOSS4G 2016 I can tell a few different
persona: a typical developer, a typical business man "" from outside", a
typical user, a typical representative of the printed press. I guess Marc
will know them all ;-)

Use these personas (by looking "through their glasses") to check if our
messages reach their goals

Kind regards,

Gert-Jan

[1] https://www.usability.gov/how-to-and-tools/methods/personas.html