[Marketing] [Board] Request for approval

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 12:22:14 PST 2017

Alex here is the email I sent to SAC after the budget was approved:

*Doubling back to this thread after recent budget discussion/questions. The
board set a goal of redoing the website presence in 2017 (RFQ,content
migration,etc...). It was unclear if the 15K request from SAC took this
into account or not?*

** Marketing committee has volunteer to run an EOI/RFQ process for an
external vendor to do the work (see
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Meeting_2016-12-30
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Meeting_2016-12-30>).*

** Although we reached out to Alex Mandel it was unclear if the 15K request
from SAC took this initiative into account?*

*Since it was unclear we have penciled in 8K for SAC as part of
budget/fundraising target. The draft budget
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2017
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2017> has the high level outline.*

*Should fund raising target be met by end of January go/no-go the final
budget for SAC would be 23k. It would be great if a member of SAC could be
involved in the EOI / RFQ process (and present for the go/no-go decision).*

So while it would of been nice to contact you for clarification prior to
the budget meeting I hope you find the board's decision above appropriate :)