[Marketing] Draft EOI for Branding and Website Project

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 16:21:05 PST 2017

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:

>> * Jody can you update the goals section per your comments and slide
>> deck. I've updated the key initiatives, feel free to edit
>

> I grouped into (external objectives) and (internal objectives); are all of
> these useful for the website? I guess we are describing the organization and
> not what we expect of the website...

I think its fine. Yeah, its just Foundation background.

>> * Revise the technical details of the CMS. I left in the static on
>> github pages approach, but I think wordpress or drupal Nimay be much
>> easier for our users
>

> How do we make this decision; or who do we talk to at SAC to make this
> decision?

I dont think its SACs decision. They will be happy to deploy whatever
software works and is open source. We have to take care to think about
our users (insofar as who is maintaining content). I _dont_ think
GitHub pages is the way to go because we do as many people possible to
edit it. Perhaps we could do a survey and post to discuss when we get
started? We dont have to decide now, can change the wording here to be
less specific.