[Marketing] code sprint, content migration, generation starts now

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 15:31:54 PDT 2017

All,

There is good content in these forms. I recognise a lot of as being
derived from prior initiatives. Great.

I suggest taking a step back, and asking:

What is OSGeo's content creation and distribution pipeline?

What product(s) are being created with this content?

How are we going to ensure the content is being kept up to date? (The
original 1 page PDF fliers created for OSGeo projects was created once,
then became very out of date and collectively become unusable as a
source of truth). OSGeo-Live has a process for updating documentation
with each release, how can we lever that?

How can we minimise the duplication of content creation? Duplication
leads to multiple points of truth getting out of date, and increases
maintenance. Can we extend OSGeo-Live content creation process rather
than creating another? Or alternatively have OSGeo-Live extend a newly
created process?

Documentation processes which have potential to be aligned are:

* OSGeo-Live documentation guide:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Documentation

* Project application to join OSGeo-Live:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#How_to_add_a_project_to_OSGeoLive

* OSGeo incubation checklist:
http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/project_graduation_checklist.html

Cheers, Cameron

On 22/7/17 10:44 pm, Jody Garnett wrote:

>     1) Jeffrey has started some google forms to quicklcy stage content
>     for beta website. I will review, add descriptions and ask the
>     people here to play test (and we can share with discuss at osgeo.org
>     <mailto:discuss at osgeo.org> at the end of the day).
>

> The first form is now ready, but I am not quite sure how to provide a
> sharable URL:
>> Software Projects
> <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zOVOTtbGzIuhcfwHg9GYrJ-NErxl_DmFnTlBM3qBndE/edit?usp=drive_web>

Cameron Shorter