[Marketing] Logo Design

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Sun May 7 23:06:45 PDT 2017

Hi,

you asked, why I like the actual OSGeo logo.

This is what I like
* I like that it is well known all over the world and that artefacts of
the logo are part of local chapter logos
* I like the strong color
* I like the font

For a new logo I would suggest
* keep the strong green or a similar green
* maybe combine it with a strong blue like they did it in the FOSS4G-Eu
2017 logo https://europe.foss4g.org/2017/
* do not use pastel colors
* stay with the compass - maybe change it to a more comic style. But do
not modify it to heavy, preserver the shape
* font - use a similar free font.
* Stay with the notation (upper-lower case OSGeo)

This is my feedback

Astrid

Am 2017-05-05 23:39, schrieb Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting
OSGeo.nl: