[Marketing] webmapping help requested

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 08:07:51 PDT 2017

So we are into the final week of website development, with remaining bugs
and a feedback form about to be sent out on friday.

Including maps that are fast and look amazing is, shall we say important,
in showcasing our expertise as cartographers and credibility as
technologists.

Gretchen has done a great job on the cartography, as we can see in the
style guide. What other community contacts can help us get these maps
integrated into the website and performing well?

The request from Get Interactive for help is here:
- https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues/123

OSGeo has an issue to fix:
- Tiles server performance for map viewer
<https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues/105> - get interactive has swapped
to OSM as a temporary measure, but the result still does not work for me :(

<https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues/105>
The last remaining issues for Get Interactive are here:
- Location - how to handle multi-point or polygon locations
<https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues/76> - nifty solution demonstrated in
meeting
- Bulk import service provider are all located in "Basel, Switzerland"
<https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues/22> - being handled as content
migration

And enhancements that are out of scope:
- Alternate map for GeoForAll Labs
<https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues/115> - shared on email and not
reported as an issue in time

Here are pages that are intended to include maps:

- http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/local-chapters/ - see wireframes_v9 page
20 & 21
- http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/events/  - see wireframes_v9 page 23 & 25
- http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/community/members/  - see wireframes_v9
page 27 & 28

The following I thought would use maps, as they have a location, but it is
not supported by the wireframes:
- http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/service-providers/  - see wireframes_v9
page 13
- http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/events/ - see wireframes_v9 page 30-31