[Marketing] scribus or inkscape

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 12:08:30 PDT 2017

> * Personally I was able to get Scribus to work, but I do not like it. It
>> was less difficult / more reliable then the SVG applications. The control
>> of PDF export was appreciated. This is how I produced/fixed content for
>> Boston, often starting from SVG file produced by project team. I personally
>> found Sketch very productive and did much of the initial template
>> experimenting using that application.
>>

> ​I haven't tried Sketch. I understand that it takes a bit getting used to
> Scribus but in the end it is a proper publishing software that was designed
> for use cases like ours.

I enjoyed sketch as productive, but also found Scribus more appropriate
(especially fine control of how fonts are handled during PDF export).

I would like to get confirmation from the others mentioned on this thread,
and ensure someone has time to interact with Pim before a decision is made.

Aside: I really liked your most recent pull request
<https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/pull/89> it is looking great.