[Marketing] software vs project website discussion of gvsig and qgis

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 07:33:32 PDT 2017

I am going to have a hard time letting go of project, not sure I have the
energy to change this far in.

I do not find the term software used on its own often much recently. I
would of expected "technology" but perhaps that is me.

It is tricky as the unit of an open source is a project (not just the
software) and I wonder if we should use this as a teaching moment.

If I we to keep "project" we would need a sentence like: Open source
projects are a team effort producing geospatial technology.