[Marketing] Branding items now available on GitHub
jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 21:40:55 PDT 2017
I have had a couple hours to catchup on rebranding activities ---> branding
elements are now available in GitHub!
I have adopted a slightly different layout then that provided by Get
Interactive, mostly using lower case letters for folders and avoiding
spaces making paths easier to type.
- already contained all logos from google drive
- added osgeo-emblem-rgb.png which I produced from the SVG
- The subbrands folder in particular contains content that did not end up
being used. I am including it as an example and have provided a README.md
to that effect.
- The subrand template was provided as adobe illustrator. I have converted
this to an SVG and provided instructions for its use in the README
- the photos folder now contains the reference images used in our branding,
including the laptop mock ups used to frame screen snaps for printouts.
- we should have frames for mobile devices and browsers also, there is an
open bug ticket on making these frames easy to use on the website
I thought about it and tried uploaded the really large branding-elements
files, although these are not directly usable and take up a lot of space it
is better that everything is captured in a public location. Sadly this did
Writing objects: 53% (7/13), 106.47 MiB | 1.91 MiB/s one.
Total 13 (delta 6), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (6/6), completed with 4 local objects.
remote: error: GH001: Large files detected. You may want to try Git Large
File Storage - https://git-lfs.github.com.
remote: error: Trace: bbab8f04c1896647059a90043ec986d4
remote: error: See http://git.io/iEPt8g for more information.
remote: error: File marketing/branding/elements/branding-elements.eps is
136.79 MB; this exceeds GitHub's file size limit of 100.00 MB
These files seem to provide no value, they are an illustration used in the
style guide. I am going to ask Pim if we can just get an export of the
compass points without the illustration.
- I am starting to go through and upload the collateral material, will move
the print folder over once we have the structure in place
- I was able to try out the social media template, see facebook
examples using material from OSGeo Japan :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Marketing