[Marketing] New projects for OSGeo handout

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 09:18:01 PDT 2018

Astrid reached out to me asking about the OSGeo handout, we have added a
few projects since last year and could update the middle couple of pages.

The file is in GitHub in InDesign format, if anyone is available to
volunteer. :)

If not my partner has used the application before, I can download an
evaluation copy and she has offered to update the text.

Still for this to work we need to update the text to mention the new
projects. Right now this is done on paragraph form as part of describing
the “yes open source software is available”.

Long term this approach, and the expectation of listing all projects, will
not scale. But for this year it should work out.  (Previously we tried
billeted lists, and then diagrams with logos, both were good at making
projects feel included .. but bad at communicating anything useful).