[Marketing] Suggestions: OSGeo Marketing

Fernando Quadro fsquadro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:58:15 PDT 2018

Em qua, 10 de out de 2018 às 14:31, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Yesterday I was seeing the OSGeo page, and I realized that the Link to
>> LinkedIn is broken:
>>
>> https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/3338753/
>>
>> I removed the "beta" from the link, and it directed me to the OSGeo NL
>> page. Do not you think it would be interesting to have an OSGeo page on
>> LinkedIn?
>>

> That would be great! I looked at linked in a couple weeks ago for code
> sprint fundraising (I usually only use it for conferences) and was
> surprised at how active and engaged it was (compared to facebook at
> twitter).

Jody,

Yes, LinkedIn has a great engagement! I find it interesting for OSGeo as a
foundation to have an official LinkedIn page because members, borders can
add OSGeo to their resumes, and thereby create the "link" to the foundation
page!

Many people use Open Source GIS tools and unfortunately do not know OSGeo,
I say this because of the experience I have here in Brazil, especially!

> Another thing I also thought, and I would suggest is to create a twitter
>> profile for Planet OSGeo, and use a tweetfeed-type tool to feed the profile
>> automatically!
>>
>> I saw that Planet PostgreSQL (https://twitter.com/planetpostgres) uses
>> this feature!
>>
>> What do you think?
>>

> I do not know what is involved, is that the kind of thin you would ask the
> system admin committee to set up?
>
> I do like the idea of taking our foundation-news items and automatically
> tweeting. The community-news is a bit more varied, with several personal
> blogs and corporate blogs in the mix. As such not all the headings are "on
> brand" for OSGeo to be tweeting unattended :)

I understand your preoccupation. And I think that care is really needed.

Maybe create a team (so that only one person is not overloaded), that daily
see the posts of Planet, and post on twitter those who agree with the
foundation! What do you think?

Best Regards,

Fernando Quadro
http://www.fernandoquadro.com.br