[Marketing] Suggestions: OSGeo Marketing

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:18:14 PDT 2018

On 11/10/18 4:58 am, Fernando Quadro wrote:

>         Another thing I also thought, and I would suggest is to create
>         a twitter profile for Planet OSGeo, and use a tweetfeed-type
>         tool to feed the profile automatically!
>
>         I saw that Planet PostgreSQL
>         (https://twitter.com/planetpostgres) uses this feature!
>
>         What do you think?
>

>     I do not know what is involved, is that the kind of thin you would
>     ask the system admin committee to set up?
>
>     I do like the idea of taking our foundation-news items and
>     automatically tweeting. The community-news is a bit more varied,
>     with several personal blogs and corporate blogs in the mix. As
>     such not all the headings are "on brand" for OSGeo to be tweeting
>     unattended :)
>

> I understand your preoccupation. And I think that care is really needed.
>
> Maybe create a team (so that only one person is not overloaded), that
> daily see the posts of Planet, and post on twitter those who agree
> with the foundation! What do you think?
I really like this idea. I think that the twitter account should be
"planet-osgeo" rather than "osgeo" so that people can sign up to it
separately. As Jody mentions, the Planet OSGeo often contains content
more diverse than just OSGeo.

If you are volunteering to do the work to set it up, then I'd back you.

Cheers,

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier