[Marketing] social media push for foss4g EO data challenge

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri May 31 02:11:35 PDT 2019

Suchith (CCed) asked for some help pushing the following message out on
social media / website:

*FOSS4G EO Data Challenge 2019 - Apply by 5th June 2019*

> With the FOSS4G EO Data Challenge, we are challenging startups,
> developers, students and researchers to come up with useful, valuable or
> interesting open source applications using large volumes of EO data (and
> their evolution in time) and state-of-the art technologies (AI/ML, HMC,
> STAC, data cube, COG). Linking of EO data with other sources of open data
> (e.g. OpenStreetMap, Copernicus Services – Land, Atmosphere, Climate) is
> highly encouraged. Our voluntary mentors will guide the process to mature
> and demonstrate your ideas. Please join by 5th June 2019.
> Details at
> https://2019.foss4g.org/call-for-papers/open-source-eo-data-challenge/

I am a firm believer in coordinating such things on the marketing email
list so we do not trip up. We also need some kind of image to go with the
post.

While we wait for the image who do we have in position to do:

   - website news item
   - facebook
   - linkedin
   - twitter