[Marketing] (Re) Introduction and proposed effort

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 08:03:31 PST 2024

Hello again Scott,

Hunting down some examples, but really I am interested in your thoughts /
insight and directions. Frankly it does not matter quite so much what folks
had envisioned in the past if they are not present today volunteering to
see improvements made.

I did an okay "service provider" welcome here:
https://www.osgeo.org/community/getting-started-osgeo/add-service-provider/

I would *love* to see something similar for new users, ideally written for
"GIS Professionals / GIS Enthusiast". It may be my personal bias, but I
expect that "IT Professionals / IT Enthusiast" have more experience joining
a community given how pervasive free and open source is in general.