[Marketing] Monthly Meeting 2024-01-26

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 12:10:03 PST 2024

 Okay, I would like to do something to provide *any* guidance to the board
for 2024 budget allocation.

With that in mind I am going to share what we have now:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee_Budget_2024

My goals are:

   1. Recruit volunteers to hand the "socials" as while I can see it being
   valuable and effective it is not personally my cup of tea
   2. Get some graphic design help to get some of the website design areas
   unstuck: GetInteractive is preferred as they did the original thinking (so
   it would be less overhead for me to communicate or another team member to
   review prior communications). The TLDR: Website is for external
   communication to the GIS professionals as a public service. Wiki is for
   internal communication.
   3. Get some graphic design help in general: for PDF handouts, projects
   wanting a logo
   4. Stretch goal t-shirts to hand out to contributors at foss4g events
   (setting up a market place for people to order their own shirt is not the
   same "thank you" gesture)