[Marketing] Marketing email list migrated to discourse

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Wed May 8 02:42:18 PDT 2024

Thanks Jody and Vicky for moving this forward.

As a committee and mailing list member I took the following two actions
to "migrate myself" to the new discussion forum:

  * Join the Marketing Group <https://discourse.osgeo.org/g/marketing>
    to be able to send emails as this one to marketing at discourse.osgeo.org
  * Hit the bell on the top right corner of the Marketing Forum
    <https://discourse.osgeo.org/c/committees/marketing/46> with the
    "Watching" option to receive emails for all interactions on the
    forum: new topics and replies to any topic.

This should set up the same "experience" as I had before with the
mailing list. Others may decide differently as Discourse offers
different levels of watching a forum: only when mentioned, only first
post per topic, etc.

If anyone is hitting any wall just ping us and surely we can give a hand.

Cheers!
Jorge

Jorge Sanz |https://www.osgeo.org/member/jorge-sanz/