[MDAL-Developer] Conda Package

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 08:06:01 PDT 2020

So - as these things work out a couple of days after you raised the
question of putting MDAL on conda I got the story to do that for someone
else.

It turned out that having built the test rig and worked out how to do it -
putting a recipe together for MDAL was literally just a couple of hours!

Especially since if we can get this working. - it is going to save me
another couple of stories I have lined up for later in the month.

So - I have created a recipe for MDAL for conda-forge that is working in
local tests. The next step would be to submitted it. ( for info you can see
the recipe here
https://github.com/runette/staged-recipes/tree/mdal/recipes/mdal)

Before I do that - There are three actions I would need.

ACTION NEEDED ->

1 You need to agree to go ahead. You just raised in casually before. I
cannot see a downside but ...

2 It would probably make sense if you (Peter?) were a maintainer (as well
as me) on the package. For that to happen - you will need to comment your
agreement on the submit PR

3 The recipe will not work without the HDF5 compile fix and since you have
to build conda packages from official tarball releases - you would need to
create a new release including at least that PR.

I can't think of anything that will be needed.

Thanks

Paul