[MetaCRS] Possible option for single CRS definition file.

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Thu May 8 09:32:10 PDT 2008

Landon Blake wrote:

> I remembered this morning that the deegree library uses a single XML
> file to represent CRS definitions. This file was built from the EPSG
> database and other sources, and is an extension of CRS definitions in
> GML. I wonder if it is something we could use or build on.

GeoTools has a module like that as well; we use a properties file
containing the WKT definitions of EPSG + common use codes; I think we
originally got the list from PostGIS.
-
http://svn.geotools.org/geotools/trunk/gt/modules/plugin/epsg-wkt/src/main/resources/org/geotools/referencing/crs/epsg.properties

(Note this list predates Martin's change to ISO
CoordinateReferenceSystem so you should be able to use it with the
deegree code)
Jody