[MetaCRS] RE: CS-Map: info about EUROP50-7P, a 7-parameter ED50-to-WGS84 datum shift?

Melita Kennedy melitakennedy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 19:06:37 PST 2009

Mikael,

I received those parameters as part of set of Portugal transformations
from the ESRI distributor who had them from Eng. Jorge Teixeira Pinto
at the Portuguese Institute of Cartography (IPCC). This was around
2000. The current transformation from IGP for ED50/WGS84 is in EPSG
(and ESRI) as code 1989 (ED 1950 to WGS 1984 #34). At least using the
parameters listed in:

http://www.igeo.pt/produtos/Geodesia/Inf_tecnica/parametros_transformacao/ParamTransf_CONTINENTE.pdf

I don't have any accuracies for the data from 2000.I doubt this
transformation is supposed to cover any country but Portugal.

Sincerely,
Melita

--
Melita Kennedy