[MetaCRS] Proj4js does not support '+' character in title/name

Jeiziner Gilbert swisstopo Gilbert.Jeiziner at swisstopo.ch
Fri Oct 12 05:41:28 PDT 2012

Dear List,

We are using Proj4js for our federal mapping application (http://map.geo.admin.ch) and are using Proj4js for a couple of tasks.

We currently support 3 projections, using transformations and informations from Proj4js, where we also extend the definitions to include EPSG::2056. The title of this definition contains a '+' (see http://spatialreference.org/ref/?search=2056 or also the official entry in http://www.epsg-registry.org/)

Can we extend Proj4js to support '+' characters in title (or other definition parameters)?

Another question:  the default title for EPSG:4326 looks strange (it's 'long/lat:WGS84') compared to other definitions. Could this be changed to the official version 'WGS 84' (see http://spatialreference.org/ref/?search=4326&srtext=Search or official entry in  http://www.epsg-registry.org/)?

Gilbert Jeiziner
IWI
swisstopo