[MetaCRS] Common SQLite-based dictionaries

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Mon Aug 3 06:35:31 PDT 2015

> On Aug 3, 2015, at 8:03 AM, Richard Greenwood <richard.greenwood at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Do you see this as something that can be done entirely in the database? Seems like there would still be some amount of scripting to build a new release but I haven't thought it thru.

I presume there would be a repo with some scripts and a Makefile that the user would start by fetching the EPSG, any necessary grid files, NADCON/VERTCON supporting info, and then issue 'make'. There would still have to be a process to build the thing, much like the CSV files, but if they were managed as their own project, maybe they would attract contribution. The situation we have now rather repels it, IMO.

Howard