[MetaCRS] [Proj] Common SQLite-based dictionaries

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Mon Aug 3 13:46:41 PDT 2015

Le 03/08/15 22:37, Sebastiaan Couwenberg a écrit :
> I can envision a project that takes the EPSG database and with a
> collection of SQL scripts (patches) creates the database for proj, gdal
> & friends. That would be compatible with the compromise when you apply
> it to data instead of software. The EPSG ToS is just not very explicitly
> about being allowed to distribute changes.

I think that the intend of EPSG term of use is to make sure that
"EPSG:something" is understood in the same way by everyone. Applying
patches with SQL scripts compromise this goal in the same way than
modifying the data directly, unless we make clear that this is not
anymore EPSG definitions.

    Martin