[Mobilitydb-users] New to MobilityDB

FAQIR HUSSAIN fhussain.ms20igis at student.nust.edu.pk
Sat Apr 9 00:07:38 PDT 2022

Dear Recipient!
I hope this mail finds you in good health and enjoying your life.

I am Faqir Hussain, an MS student at National University of Sciences and Technology. I am working on MobilityDB as my research work of MS. I am quite new to this platform. Previously I have worked on MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL. I have gone through some of its stuff including Research Papers, Tutorial Videos etc. Right now, I have prepared my machine to work on MobilityDB using Docker Desktop (as per instructions available on https://github.com/MobilityDB/MobilityDB-docker). I have installed two version of MobilityDB:

  1.  MobilityDB Latest
  2.  MobilityDB Berlin Mode (codewit/mobilitydb)

Both are working here, but I found some of the issues like:

SELECT duration(period '[2012-01-01, 2012-01-03)');

This query produces error on both versions as given below:

ERROR: function duration(period) does not exist LINE 1: SELECT duration(period '[2012-01-01, 2012-01-03)'); ^ HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts. SQL state: 42883 Character: 8

I would request to guide me how to resolve it.

With regards,

Faqir Hussain
IGIS-SCEE-NUST
Islamabad, Pakistan