[MOSS-archives] MOSS: FOSS4G is coming up ! Lets complete Incubation in time !

Peter Löwe peter.loewe at gmx.de
Tue Aug 17 01:51:51 PDT 2021

Hi all,

the annual FOSS4g conference, including the Sol Katz Award Ceremony and the Annual General Meeting (AGM) (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2020) is coming up. Slides and prerecorded videos for the AGM must be submitted before August 30.

- OSGeo might enjoy an update about the successful MOSS search and rescure effort, the incubation process and open access publishing by DOI/Zenodo. Shall we submit a slide and a short video statement ?

- Since MOSS is the first heritage project to undergo incubation, we have the opportunity to actually define what it takes to complete such an incubation. Please find here an overview of incubation requirements for OSGeo projects, community projects, website mentionings - and MOSS.

- We already have completed all functional/managerial requirements ("Responsibility"), except for a code of conduct. I suggest we use a code of conduct from another OSGeo project as a template. Osgeo suggests this reference for software projects: https://www.contributor-covenant.org/

- For the Foundation related requirements, several open questions remain and need to be discussed (we need MOSS T-Shirts, right ?).

- Since all original project members now receive credit through the DOI link (e.g. "1. Reed, Carl N III, Katz, Sol, Frosh, Randy, Davidson, John, Hunter, Anne, Lee, John. OSGeo/MOSS: MOSS Archive 1.2.1. Zenodo; 2021.") it might a tip to the hat to inform them (or in Sols case his family) about the preservation/resurgence of MOSS and FOSS4G/AGM. Two of the original project members use social networks. Shall we reach out ? Shall we draft a template statement to be personalised for them ?

Thoughts, please.

Best,
Peter

<peter.loewe at gmx.de>