[MOSS-archives] Fw: Aw: Re: [Incubator] MOSS: OSGeo Heritage Project

Peter Löwe peter.loewe at gmx.de
Mon Aug 23 07:49:06 PDT 2021

Hi list,
kudos, the html-version of this message was scrubbed. This should work now.

Gesendet: Montag, 23. August 2021 um 16:34 Uhr
Von: "Peter Löwe" <peter.loewe at gmx.de>
An: "Jody Garnett" <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
Cc: "OSGeo-incubator" <incubator at lists.osgeo.org>, moss-archives at lists.osgeo.org
Betreff: Aw: Re: [Incubator] MOSS: OSGeo Heritage Project

Jody, all,

thanks for your feedback! It would be great if you could provide a OSGeo heritage logo in time for this years OSGeo AGM :-)

The OSGeo Board decided in 2020 that MOSS will be the first OSGeo heritage project. Since then the current project team has done the legwork to preserve the codebase and to meet the requirements for contemporary OSGeo software projects. The archiving/preservation process appears to be fairly complete (IMHO). To wrap up, the lessons learned during the process will be summarized in the OSGeo wiki and possibly other publications.

Best,
Peter

<peter.loewe at gmx.de>