[MOSS-archives] update on MOSS archives

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jun 22 12:52:43 PDT 2021

Hi all, and "hello world!",

Here are some quick updates:

- added all team members onto this mailing list (Māris, Carl, Peter, and
myself currently)
- added a longer description to the mailing list's 'general' page
   - note: a mailing list 'moderator' is not needed, as this by default
will be the list admins (Peter, myself), who will get notices (usually
spam attempts)
- I believe we should start to use this mailing now, and going forward,
for all discussions related to the MOSS heritage/archives process.
- added a link to this mailing list in our CONTRIBUTING.md file in the
repository (so others can come here and join the discussions and share
ideas etc)
- tagged a new release, v1.0.2, of the archives on GitHub
- also, purchased the domain http://mossgis.org (to be the future home
with simple links to the official GitHub archives and mailing list). The
cost of the domain was minimal, and can be reimbursed/shared later if
desired.
- will start to create a simple single-page for the domain

Please share your thoughts here.

Thanks,

-jeff