[MOSS-archives] Happy new year / EGU call for submissions

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jan 12 11:54:27 PST 2022

Hi all,

Just some updates on the MapServer DOI, in case other software teams are
watching and wondering :

- MapServer 7.6.4 DOI has been created (this is for an older release
from back in July) : https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5842013

- We've been asked to generate (or "reserve") a DOI for the upcoming
MapServer 8.0 release, which I did, so researchers can cite the 8.0
release with the DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.5842053

- a nice feature, is that we can use a permanent link/DOI, to always
resolve (or bounce/redirect) to the latest DOI: (notice that clicking
this DOI redirects you to the latest MapServer release, 7.6.4 :
https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5842012

But thanks to the MOSS-heritage team for pushing this along always!

Thanks,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training