[Journal] Two articles in the "Case Studies" section

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Mon Apr 2 12:03:19 EDT 2007

I've sent in two articles (thru svn):

Roger Bivand completed his GRASS-R interface explanation in time for the
deadline. His write-up doesn't exactly fit my idea of a case study; it
seems to me more suited for the "Integration" section, but this is only
a semantic point. He did all the latex formatting, so I sent it as is.

I also received a completed article describing the use of a mixed Open
Source/commercial solution for web mapping of trees throughout the city
of San Francisco. This project was run by the Friends of Urban Forests,
together with the city of San Francisco, and they employed Autodesk's
MapBuilder Open Source.

I need a tip to finish the latex formatting for the Urban Forests
article. They have sent one image to be included at the end of the
article - a screen shot of their web page showing tree locations.
Displaying the image only one column wide would be pretty useless. How
can I get the image to "break" the two column setup, and display across
the whole width of a page??

I've committed the *.tex and *.eps image files for both articles to svn,
under new directories as per Martin's suggestion. However I don't see
the files in the web interface. When I do:

micha at RMS journal]$ svn status -v --show-updates
?
volume_1/case_studies/bivand/upquote.sty
?
volume_1/case_studies/bivand/main_document.tex
?
volume_1/case_studies/bivand/Fig-OSGeo-1.eps
?
volume_1/case_studies/bivand/Fig-OSGeo-2.eps
?
volume_1/case_studies/bivand/Bivand_OSgeo.pdf
?
volume_1/case_studies/bivand/Sweave.sty
?
volume_1/case_studies/bivand/Bivand_OSgeo.tex
               87       87 micha        volume_1/case_studies/bivand
?
volume_1/case_studies/sfuf/San_Francisco_UF.tex
?
volume_1/case_studies/sfuf/main_document.tex
?
volume_1/case_studies/sfuf/GRASSnews.sty
?
volume_1/case_studies/sfuf/SF-Tree-3.eps
               87       87 micha        volume_1/case_studies/sfuf

So the new files should be there. However, the '?' at the start of each
line indicates that these files are not version-controlled. I'm not sure
why that is...

Regards,

Micha