[Newsletter] Matching Authors With Editors

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 8 13:31:40 EST 2007

On 8-Mar-07, at 9:34 AM, Sunburned Surveyor wrote:

> I see that Tim Sutton has bravely volunteered to put together a
> programming tutorial for the newsletter. I've bravely volunteered
> as the editor for that section, althought I don't know much about
> QGIS. I look forward to reading Tom's article! I wanted to
> introduce myself in case we need to coordinate anything. Tom can
> feel free to contact me at sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com if I can
> help in any way with his article.

Is everyone okay if I make up a "contact" section for the wiki page
with all our emails on it?  I will also post this on a static web
page one the osgeo.org site.  This is so people know who to contact
directly about article ideas and submissions.  Ideally we'd have a
form on the website to allow this and masquerade your identity a bit,
but perhaps it is unnecessary.

> I also hope to put together a short introductory article on spatial
> relationships and topology. I believe this article will fall under
> the "topical" section. However, I don't see an editor listed for
> this section yet. Who will be editing my article?

I think we can trust you to edit yourself - feel free to post it to
the list for feedback in case anyone else has some time to help look
it over.  I'll help take a look at it too.