[Journal] Re: question on OSGeo Journal

Daniel Ames dpames at gmail.com
Fri May 25 19:19:21 EDT 2007

Tyler and Micha and others,

First I should tell you all that we just had a great 9-paper session on Open
Source GIS in Environmental Modeling here in Prague at the International
Symposium on Environmental Software Systems.  There were presentations from
Ari Jolma, Helena Mitasova, Markus Neteler, and folks from EPA, my lab and
elsewhere. It went quite well and OSGeo got lots of good air-time.

As for the review process for OSGeo Journal, I've just posted a proposed
plan for a peer review process on the wiki here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Talk:Journal

I've also posted a proposed timeline for the process that might work for
Issue 2.  The bottom line is that we would put out a call for peer review
papers on June 1 and try to have a few reviewed and accepted and in final
form by August 3...

Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Dan

<http://www.hydromap.com>