[Journal] Re: question on OSGeo Journal

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sat May 26 08:07:28 EDT 2007

Hello Dan:

Daniel Ames wrote:

> As for the review process for OSGeo Journal, I've just posted a
> proposed plan for a peer review process on the wiki here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Talk:Journal

Your proposal looks quite thorough. I'm in a bit over my head here,
since I never had to go thru this process. So take my comments with a
several grains of salt. Still, some questions that came to mind:
Should some minimum requirements for someone to be a reviewer be mentioned?
Is it necessary at this stage to add come clause to safeguard against
conflict of interests?
As usual, it will be difficult to build and maintain a corps of
volunteer reviewers. Nevertheless, I gather from your outline of the
review process that at least two reviewers will be required for each
article that requests peer review?

Regards,
Micha