[Journal] Using Open Journal System for Vol 4.

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Feb 19 15:37:04 EST 2008

A couple people have asked me about using the open journal system for
volume 4.  I would love it if we could start to use it.  It is
primarily designed for authors to subscribe and upload their
articles.  When they select a certain section to publish to, the
editor in charge of that section should be notified.  So feel free to
request authors to do this step.

Editors can also add submit articles, then edit the metadata so it
includes the correct authors contact info.  It is important here to
have the email and as much contact information for the author as
possible, as it is used for building the table of contents and other
indexing purpose.

You can upload any sort of file that you or the author has.  It
doesn't do anything automated with Latex files yet.  That will be our
next phase.

Please give this a try, even if you are just testing!
http://osgeo.org/ojs