[Journal] Volume 5 and beyond

Scott Mitchell smitch at me.com
Thu Jun 4 09:27:35 EDT 2009

> Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org  Thu May 14 10:10:32
> EDT 2009 wrote:
> It is a lot of work and to
> make it a success there will need to be more volunteers who can help
> with some of the day-to-day management of the journal processes,
> since I'm the main bottleneck at the moment :-)
,,,
> It seems we have lots of great reviewers.  I think we have enough
> section editors, and I think there are lots of authors waiting to
> contribute too.  But further than that we need:
> * one or two others interested in helping oversee the process, e.g. a
> senior editor
> * technical assistant (could be same as above) to help manage various
> tasks in the online system/tools
> * latex experts to help improve look and feel of journal, plus help
> convert contributed content.
> * peer review panel - some who are most familiar with issues of peer
> review and who can help make sure we "do it right"
> * promoters - to advertise and promote the journal to appropriate
> places

I would like to see what I can do to help with the bottleneck.  I am
no latex expert by any means.  I think I could try helping out as a
"technical assistant", and am interested in contributing my two cents
re: the peer review process.

Cheers,

Scott Mitchell

Scott Mitchell
Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, and
Geomatics and Landscape Ecology Research Laboratory
Carleton University
Scott_Mitchell at carleton.ca