[Journal] Volume 5 and beyond

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 14:40:24 EDT 2009

Micha wrote: "While Latex is a bit of a fuss to work with
(non-WYSIWYG) the advantage is, as Tyler made clear, in the final
production stage. Doing a copy/paste of the *raw text* from various
authors' articles into *.tex files gets everything arranged with
uniform formatting.  Is it possible to do such a thing with Scribus?"

There is certainly a trade-off here. On one side of the trade-off you
have great layout and graphic design capabilities, and on the other
side you have easy translation into multiple languages.

I think it is possible to make graphical layouts that are easier to
translate (by separating grapichs and text into different portions of
the layout) but this won't be as easy as using a latex based format
for translation.

Landon