[Journal] Section Editors With No Assignments

Rafal Wawer Rafal.Wawer at sadl.kuleuven.be
Mon Oct 19 04:18:16 EDT 2009

Well, as the Journal does not have IF... a good carrot for the start will be fast publishing - short times between submission and release. I think for PhD students it would be a big advantage.

Another idea - to publish proceedings of thematic workshops. Looking at many of them... they are published as ppts or abstracts. In many cases the funding body is not very satisfied with this kind of output from events they finanse and at least short papers in a regular journal would be desirable. It may require active communication with the organizing commitees. Many of those events held in Europe are listed in OSOR newsletters. What we can do - if someone of us finds an interesting event - announces it on Journal mailing list and we ask Taylor to send a nice invitation to the organizing committee? (-;

Best regards:
Raf

Dr. Rafal Wawer
K.U.Leuven
R&D Division SADL (Spatial Application Division)
Celestijnenlaan 200e bus 2224
BE-3001 Leuven-Heverlee
Belgium
tel. 0032 16 329731