[Journal] Questions on LaTex paragraph command, format for citations, and SVN naming convention.

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 24 03:07:40 EST 2010

Landon, all,

I personally don't like very much the [xx] citation style as it is not
human readable.
I didn't check the current state but "natural citation" style is much
easier to follow.
To get that:

\usepackage[authoryear,round]{natbib}

\begin{document}

I have opened Victor's text about sextante and seen:

... \cite{Beven:1979} ...

If you want braces and author-year citation as indicated above, then change to

... \citep{Beven:1979} ...

(there are also these here:
\citet*{key}             Jones, Baker, and Smith (1990)
\citet{key}              Jones et al. (1990)
\citep*{key}             (Jones, Baker, and Smith, 1990)
\citep[ch.~2]{key}       (Jones et al., 1990, ch. 2)
\citep[e.g.][]{key}      (e.g. Jones et al., 1990)
\citep[e.g.][p.~32]{key} (e.g. Jones et al., p. 32)
\citeauthor{key}         Jones et al.
\citeauthor*{key}        Jones, Baker, and Smith
\citeyear{key}           1990
)

To activate the bibliography, add