[Journal] Wrapping Up Volume 12 and Starting on 2014 Annual Report

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Thu Jul 10 08:32:02 PDT 2014

Hi Eli, all,

I just noticed, that there was a question directly to me. As I initally
saw the mail I did not read it to the end (I was in preperation for a
conference when I got it and skipped it) sorry!

But I will be glad help with OJS!

I can have a look at the setup, but I do not have to much experience
with LDAP and/or SSL configurations. But I can give it a try in the
testenvironment, as stated in the ticket.
Installation and administration of the OJS webapp itself would be no
problem I think.

regards,
Christian

Am 30.06.2014 22:27, schrieb Eli Adam:
> Hi all,
>
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Landon Blake
> <sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So I started picking up where I left off on Volume 12 of the Journal today.
>> (Volume 12 is the Annual Report for 2012.)
>
> Great.
>

>> Here is what I think needs to be done before we publish Volume 12:
>>
>> - I need to write the editorial.
>> - We need to change the dates in the page headers.
>> - We need to set-up the table of contents and update the page numbers in the
>> page footers.
>>

> Once these are done, I'll copy edit.
>
>> I think, with some help, I can have this done by the end of next week.
>>
>> Then I recommend we skip the Annual Report for 2013 and we get a jump start
>> on the Annual Report for 2014.
>
> We may want to notify the Board if we skip the 2013 report.  They may
> have to issue a short report to comply with our legal requirements.
>

>> You can download the preliminary version of the 2012 Annual Report here:
>> http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/journal/volume_12/master_pdf/Volume%2012%20Master.pdf
>>
>> I sincerely apologize for letting this delay so long.
>>
>> Any comments?
>
> I'd like to definitively publish and announce Volume 12 when we are
> done. That means update, http://www.osgeo.org/journal (which I think
> that I can do) and send emails to OSGeo Announce and Discuss.  We
> should work on getting access to edit this,
> http://journal.osgeo.org/index.php/journal too.  Here is the ticket,
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1326, which indicates that we need
> to get more involved in the administration of OJS.  Christian are you
> willing to help on this?  This is a separate instance than the FOSS4G
> instance, so there are no access issues.
>
> Eli
>

>> Landon

Christian Willmes	(Public-Key ID: 0x2FA87ED4)
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group
Geographisches Institut     | Institute of Geography
Universität zu Köln         | University of Cologne
Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 6234
Fax.: +49 (0)221 470 2280
http://www.geographie.uni-koeln.de/willmes-christian.695.en.html
http://www.sfb806.de