[Journal] OSGEO journal

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Fri Nov 27 08:44:45 PST 2015

Dear Dimitris,

Am 27.11.2015 um 17:19 schrieb Dimitris Kotzinos:
> Hi Christian,
>
> no offense taken and last point from my part because I start feeling
> that I bother everybody.
> I am sorry but I do not agree that expressing a personal opinion in a
> discussion on how to proceed is perceived as blocking something. I think
> that I would like to preserve my capacity and my right to express my
> opinions in a polite and non offensive way.
You are absolutely right, no discussion about this.

>   We do not need all to agree,
> the community has processes on how it reaches decisions that are
> respected by all (at least by me).
I am not sure if I understand this. To what process are you referring?
Was this process disregarded, and if so, how?

> For you question:
> About the journal team/committee you can see here:
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Journal
> About the education committee you can see here:
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Education_and_Curriculum_Committee
> and the discussion going on is summarized here:
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_OSGeo_Relationship

By just looking briefly at this links I still don't get it. Anyway the
OSGeo Education committee is formally independent of the OSGeo Journal,
although there should be clearly a lot of overlap. We should not get
into the Geo4All discussion here and now I think.

We should find a way of rebooting the Journal.

Best regards,
Christian