[Oceania-Board] Open Street Map Agreement

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 01:07:57 PST 2020

So, Adam.

And Martin said:

> I do believe that 3 days was insufficient

Ed shared the document on Slack last night at 9 pm and the meeting is this
weekend. So we can't run a poll with the right duration.

And we have 5 Board members participating in this email chain, out of 8.
All supportive, and none non-supportive.

We can either push for a vote and wait a week before signing, or we can
sign.

Here's the thread:
https://www.loomio.org/d/4fBNbkrq/osgeo-oceania-should-sign-the-local-chapter-agreement-with-osm

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 at 19:32, Adam Steer <adam.d.steer at gmail.com> wrote:

> agreed, Martin.
>
> As I said at the start, the way to move fast here is to get the
> process we all agreed to running and get people engaged, it could be
> done by Friday. Now we've burned two days. Having one director break
> process arbitrarily isn't a great look, let alone risking the
> decision/agreement because the board was not given time to assess the
> final agreement.
>
> If we want to keep claiming to be open and consensus driven, get the
> message out to the board list and the loomio poll up asap, and then
> chase people! Its not a novel or hard process, and as I've said, I'm
> 100% supportive of the agreement it just needs to be worked through
> using the processes we said we would use.
>

> On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 at 08:22, Martin Tomko <tomkom at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> >
> > And I am now noticing why I did not get the original email – Greg sent
> it to gmail ( not monitored daily).
> >
> > We should use the board!

Alex Leith
m: 0419189050