[Oceania-Board] motions: let F4G Oceania 2020 access all Good Mojo funds

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 11:24:15 PDT 2020

Hey board

In the spirit of Good Mojo, I move that we:
- make all Good Mojo funds available to FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020
inclusivity initiatives

and a second:
- delegate funding allocation for projects aligned with the Good Mojo
initiative to the LOC and hub managers, ie let the locals decide what is
valuable work for raising under-heard voices in the community.

If that requires changing previous decisions, I will raise motions to
remove each barrier as it arises.

I don't think we explicitly need a formal motion here, but maybe it is good
to have one to fall back on. A point of 'we have decided this as a group'
(or not)

I really believe the board's only role in Good Mojo funding at the
conference level should be to say 'here are N dollars, and yes we will
deliver it to you as needed'. That money has already sat around doing
nothing for too long.

...and we should also rename the program, I hope someone would like to gift
us a name which means something like 'to do better' in one of our local
regional languages...

Looking forward to your thoughts/votes,

Adam