[Oceania-Board] 2022 Call for venues

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 07:55:25 PST 2021

Hi all,

Thrilled that local hubs were able to put on events yesterday, complemented
by the regional program. Seeing photos come through on Twitter, Slack, and
email and I expect more will come through soon. Take a look at a few from Perth
and Kiribati here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10gUp8c_h_TcQ-7NLqtaPT8V4TDp9qCNz?usp=sharing>
.

With this energy, what do we all think about creating a Call for Venues for
2022? It's uncertain what the global environment would look like, but at
the very least it will get local hubs thinking about 2022.

I love what local hubs have been able to achieve and want to see it
continue, but I would also like to bring back the traditional
conference concept with one location in November. This is important to
foster regional ties, get people more involved, and ensure the financial
longevity of our organisation.

Perhaps local hubs would take place every second year or we find a way to
support them during the year so that they can put on events at a time of
their choosing.

Keen to hear your thoughts,

Ed