[Australia] Re: [Viscom-dev] Conference branding advice

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 20 08:44:37 PST 2007

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> 2. Buy 2 booths, Lisasoft, and Autodesk (probably next to each other).
> Create signs which say "We support OSGeo projects", along with an OSGeo
> logo.
> Problem: We would need to ensure our company supports OSGeo, not the
> other way around.
> Problem: The OSGeo community might not approve of this "watering down"
> of the OSGeo brand.

Cameron,

I think this approach would be fine.  I'd suggest:
  o Try to set aside a chunk of counter/table space for OSGeo handouts.
  o Try to avoid mixing corporate an OSGeo materials more than is necessary.
  o It would be nice if folks understood they could ask you folks questions
    about OSGeo.
  o Possibly have any OSGeo t-shirt for someone who is ready to answer OSGeo
    related questions.

(Note: I don't speak for viscom - just one random lurker opinion)

Best regards,