[Aust-NZ] [Fwd: [Geodata] Themes and Direction from FOSS4G]

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 21:21:55 PDT 2007

Ben Searle,
This email originating out of the OSGeo Data community highlights a
beneficial partnership that could be created between OSDM and OSGeo.

As I see it, both the OSDM and the OSGeo Data community want to catalog
large datasets and address issues like licenses.

OSGeo Data has (limited) access to an international community of
developers and enthusiasts.
OSDM has (limited) access to resources to address hosting, software
development etc.

By aligning OSDM's resources with an OSGeo project, OSDM will benefit
from the growing community and software as happens with Open Source
projects. (Think Opportunity Management.)

I'd encourage you to view the email thread (link from the email) and
engage in the discussion.
As always, I'd be happy to talk through the opportunities. Contact
details below.

--
Cameron Shorter
Systems Architect, http://lisasoft.com.au