[Aust-NZ] Fwd: Open Aussies Stand Up and Be Counted

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au
Tue Oct 9 19:24:16 PDT 2007

IMO:

I also attended this morning. I should have checked my email first, then I
could have kept an eye out for Roald and Stefan.

The event wasn't too bad, however I got the strong feeling that they were
preaching to the converted.

We'll need to learn from this for our future events. How can we get new
faces in?

Bruce

Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>
Sent by: aust-nz-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
09/10/2007 10:18 PM

Tim Bowden <tim.bowden at westnet.com.au>
cc
Aust-NZ OSGeo <Aust-NZ at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject
Re: [Aust-NZ] Fwd:  Open Aussies Stand Up and Be Counted

Roald and Stefan from Lisasoft will be attending in Melbourne.

Tim Bowden wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 11:53 -0700, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>
>> FYI...
>>

>>> http://waughpartners.com.au/research/census2007
>>>
>> _
>>

> For those in Melbourne or Hobart, there are still roadshow breakfast
> events on Tomorrow/Thursday.  Jeff and Pia Waugh are two of the leading
> FOSS advocates in Aust, and are heavily involved in Linux Australia.  If
> you're interested in the open source space in Australia, consider taking
> part in the industry survey they have going.  It's designed to get a
> snapshot of what's happening in our own back yard.
>
> Regards,
> Tim

Cameron Shorter
Systems Architect, http://lisasoft.com.au