[Aust-NZ] RE: [Fwd: [Geodata] Themes and Direction from FOSS4G] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ben.Searle at ga.gov.au Ben.Searle at ga.gov.au
Mon Oct 8 00:36:11 PDT 2007

Cameron,

Many thanks for your email and the attached email.

I agree with your general summation about the potential OSDM and OSGeo
partnership although exactly how and what would need some careful thinking.
I no that some ASIBA members are already concerned at my desire to use open
source for the metadata tool (GeoNetwork).

Having said this, I also believe that GeoNetwork has considerable potential
to provide a cornerstone to for a spatial data infrastructure and we should
be developing expertise with this software.

If you have any specific ideas, I would be happy to hear them, but at this
stage I need to think through some of the issues relating to OSGeo and OSDM
linkages.

Regards

Ben Searle
General Manager,
Australian Government
Office of Spatial Data Management

Phone: 02 6249 9298
Mobile: 0439-995-785
Fax: 02 6249 9942
Email: ben.searle at osdm.gov.au
Postal address: GPO Box 378, Canberra ACT 2601