[Aust-NZ] Draft Bid Document

Marie-Claire Henry MHenry at scvb.com.au
Mon Oct 22 19:48:43 PDT 2007

Hi All,

Please find the initial draft of the bid proposal.
http://www.scvb.com.au/document/foss4gdraft1.doc

I draw your attention in particular to the Host Association section
(Section 1).  This is the section of the document where you - the local
bid committee have the opportunity to build the business case.  I have
started drafting this section but, please feel free to completely remove
it or change as you feel necessary.  I have incorporated some of the
comments you have shared with me to date and that you prepared for the
expression of interest as well as suggesting some areas you may wish to
expand upon.

The other areas that will still need developed are :
- Venue: I have kept this quite generic but can add much more
information on Sydney Convention Centre and/or Sydney Olympic Park
Venues.
Once the committee have confirmed the dates we would like to consider, I
can approach the universities to check date availability around that
time.
- Budget: I have requested a budget from the PCO and will need to
incorporate this when it is finalised.
- Appendices: I have also requested a proposal from The Convention
Centre, following our last conversation to consider it as the main
venue.

Ongoing and Action Required
I thought I would also provide a little recap on the bid status
currently:
1.  I have just noticed that a draft RFP/call for bids is now available
on the website.  Bids will be due 05 January 2008.
http://www.osgeo.org/sites/osgeo.org/files/webfiles/conference/rfp/2009/
osgeo-conference-2009-request-for-proposal.pdf
I unfortunately (fortunately for me of course) will be on leave as of 18
December until after the bid has been submitted.  Therefore, unless
there are any objections I would proposed we aim for a bid completion
date of Friday 14 December, at latest.  Of course, any last minutes
changes can be made via one of my colleagues after this date.  However,
I imagine with Christmas holidays, this may suit everyone anyway and it
gives us a completion date to work towards for the time being.
2.  Letters of support have been requested and are being collated for
inclusion into the final bid
3.  Bid budget has been requested from ICE and is currently being based
on The Convention Centre.
4.  Proposal has been received from the Centre based on previous
programs and draft program for 2008.  The following dates were available
at The Centre as of 15 October but we need to confirm which dates we
would like to tentatively hold

- Wednesday 23 - Tuesday 29 September

- Wednesday 7 - Monday 12 October

- Possibly: Tuesday 29 October - Wednesday 4 November (another client is
currently holding the Grand Gall and a decision is due soon).

- Monday 9 - Friday 13 November (unable to do preceding day in the
auditorium).

5 and 6.  I would recommend a site inspection at The Convention Centre
and/or any other venues that may be considered and also a meeting or
teleconference with ICE as regards the budget, prior to submission of
the bid proposal.

7.Committee's review and comments on draft proposal required.

I look forward to any thoughts or questions regarding any of the points
above.  In the meantime, I will be working my way through the RFP and
will be in contact again shortly.

Kind Regards,

Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire Henry
Bid Executive

Sydney Convention and Visitors Bureau
Level 13  80 William St Sydney NSW 2011 Australia
Tel: 61 2 9332 5224 Fax: 61 2 9360 1223
mhenry at scvb.com.au

Visit www.scvb.com.au <http://www.scvb.com.au/>  for more information
about the Sydney Convention and Visitors Bureau
	  <http://www.scvb.com.au/>

The SCVB (ABN 42 002 630 364) understands that privacy is an important
issue for individuals. Click here
<http://www.scvb.com.au/footer/privacy/privacy_home.cfm>  for our full
privacy policy.