[Aust-NZ] Incorporation options

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au
Mon Oct 29 17:46:31 PDT 2007

Tim,

IMO:

I've had a look through some of the options referred to below,
specifically:

http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/asic.nsf/byheadline/Registering+not-for-profit+or+charitable+organisations?openDocument

I prefer the Company structure over the Incorporated Association, mainly
due to its more flexible use Australia wide.

It also has some specific requirements that though potentially costly and
onerous are appropriate for this type of organisation. Some examples are:

- Keep a record of all directors' and members' meeting minutes and
resolutions;
        - Appoint a registered company auditor within 1 month of its
registration;
        - Keep proper financial records
        - Prepare, have audited and lodge financial statements and reports
at the end of every financial year;
        - Send to its members a copy of its financial statements and
reports, unless the member has a standing arrangement with the company not
to receive them;
        - Hold an Annual General Meeting once every calendar year within 5
months of the end of its financial year;

        If we were to go with this type of structure, does anyone have any
ideas how we could fund these ongoing commitments + more (e.g. annual fees
etc). Setting up the company could cost between $1,000 to $5,000 depending
on what advice is taken before hand. There are also some other costs that
I won't discuss on line, but would be appropriate as well.

Bruce

Notice:

contained in this email.