[Aust-NZ] Inquiry into Improving Access to Victorian Public Sector Information and Data

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au
Sun Aug 10 20:07:02 PDT 2008

IMO:

Cameron,

I have given this some thought over the last few days, particularly after
reading through the Inquiry's discussion paper.

There are significant spatial issues that need to be addressed in their
own right.

Therefore, I think that it would be appropriate to address this under a
separate submission, that was focussed mainly on spatial.

As an OSIA list member, I'm happy to share what I come up with, if there
is interest.

Regards,

Bruce Bannerman

Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote on 07/08/2008 02:44:35
PM:

> Introductions:
> Open Source Industry Australia (OSIA) meet
> the Australian/New Zealand chapter of the Open Source Geospatial
> Foundation (OSGeo).
> (and visa-versa)
>
> As I understand it, individuals from both email lists are planning to
> write a response for this Public Access to Data Proposal and I suspect
> all responses will have a similar message.
>
> In particular, interest has been shown from:
> Brendan Scott, Adam Crow from OSIA
> Bruce Bannerman, Bruce Bannerman, and maybe Rob Atkinson from OSGeo
Aust/NZ.

> I suggest consider writing a polished joint submission which should be
> better as it has more inputs and reviewers.

Notice:

contained in this email.